AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

2 Weeks and counting and Newborn photos

Life has been a whirlwind for me so far! But I am loving every moment of it. Alexander keeps me super busy but I have a great baby. We had a Pediatrician appointment last week and all is well he is back up to his birth weight ( he lost a few pounds in the hospital) and breast feeding is going very well. We are starting to work out a routine in the evening and even at the age of 2 weeks he is sleeping a large portion of the night! I really could not ask for anything more out of this beautiful baby of mine!

As far as the birth I have truly come to terms and am at peace with the way things worked out. Everything happens for a reason and this is just one of those things. I saw Marsha my midwife today and she gave me the all clear to come out of the house and get some exercise in which I have been anxious to do. I still have to take it easy and I am still not allowed back on horses for at least another 6 weeks!! I am DYING to get back into a riding routine. I can not wait until Alex is old enough to ride!

Amir went with me to my appt. today and we discussed birth control going forward. We decided to go with the paraguard IUD. We are not sure what the plans are for when or if there will be a number 2 and I do not want hormones in my body any more. So at my next appt in about 6 weeks thats what I will be getting.

I can't think of any other updates life in our home has calmed down a bit and the visitors have slowed down. It was very overwhelming for a while and my mother in law and I are actually at odds surrounding her smothering me the first few days of Alex's birth, but thats a entry all on its own lol. I firmly suggest setting firm boundries with family and friends about your expectations for guest before babies arrive it will make life so much easier!

Any way we had newborn photos taken here are a few of my favorites!
















1 comment:

WhoButMe said...

great entry! very honest and the pics are soooo amazingly cute!