AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Love and Forgiveness


My neice really taught me a powerful lesson today and she doesn't even realize it. She taught me its OK to just let things go sometimes. I was really angry with her last night to the point that I simply told her I no longer wished to speak to her anymore. This morning I speak with her and she simply said I am never going anywhere I love you and you can't get rid of me that easy just because you are mad.

I am so used to cutting people off. Thats how I operate you upset me I cut my losses and move on. I have done it so often in life it means nothing to me. But today I realized that sometimes thats really not the answer sometimes cutting people off is the wrong way to handle a situation and sometimes you just need to forgive and let go.

I have a very close friend and she and I talk often about forgiveness but sometimes its SO hard. But I am getting there and learning that if I walk around angry and hurt at others and refuse to forgive who am I hurting??? They move on, their life is fine, their not really affected by my refusal to forgive. However I am!!! I am mad and bitter and angry and thats reflected in my actions on a daily basis so why put myself through this???

Today I learned a powerful message and it was from someone I least expected to learn from and she doesn't even realize it. She finally inspired me to do something I should have done nearly 8 months ago!!!

I finally chose to forgive Uche I mean I really forgive her. I don't hate her, I don't wish bad on her, I want nothing but happiness for her. I didn't even feel that way a week ago because I was still holding on to a grudge even though God has been telling me for months through my dreams to let go and forgive. Sometimes we are stubborn and even when the answer is right in our face we make our own choices. I finally stopped being stubborn and I finally realized I needed to forgive to move on. I have no desire to be "friends" with Uche but I don't hate her anymore and I really am hoping life is good on her end. I also apoligized today which was something I needed to do in order to truly let go. I sent her an email apologizing for my cruel words, and for things I may have done to hurt her, and apologized for not being a better friend to her.

Thanks to Joycelyn I am choosing to Love others more and learn to forgive. But I must always give credit where credit is do and one of my closest friends has been telling me I needed to do this forever but just like God has been telling me this I was simply ignoring the obvious answer right in my face.

On that note I must go pick up my kiddies who I miss since I was out of work Friday and Monday!!! Today is going to be a good day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely blog. check out mine ,if you like, at jamilaavery.blogspot.com