AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, November 30, 2009

Holidays and Everything in Between...

So the Holidays went well I was very excited that so much of my family came to visit I haven't been to NY since the summer so I missed them alot!! I did not get to see my little sister but, she is 12 and very excited about her new role as a Auntie, but I will see her for Christmas. Amir and I decided we are going to NY this year because most likely once baby is here we will be less willing to want to take baby away from their home for Christmas and Thanksgiving is usually Mother-in-Laws Holiday.

I got the most amazing news the other day...My brothers girlfriend is pregnant too and she is due a few weeks after me. I am due June 19th and she is due July 5th, which is actually our wedding anniversary. This was such a surprise to me but I am glad my baby will have a cousin very close to him/her in age. My mom past away several years ago so on our side its just my dad and he is going from NO grandchildren to two within weeks of each other so he is thrilled. My brother is actually older than me so everyone has been waiting for him to get married and have
a baby. The baby just came first lol.

As far me I am feeling good. No real morning sickness anymore unless I take the prenatals on an empty stomach then I feel pretty crappy for awhile. I actually must not have eaten enough this morning because I got sick and had to get someone to hold my class so I could go to the bathroom :-( . Otherwise I am fine the breast are still sore, I still have some fatigue here and there, and I still have really bad gas pains, but everything has gone from being daily to every once in awhile.

We picked names! We are not finding out the sex of the baby so we picked a name for each. Both middle names are family names and the first names both begin with "A" Amir felt very strongly about that lol I personally didn't need it at all...Anyway our names are:
Alexander Kelson Greene for a boy ( I loved Alex and Amir liked Alexander better and wanted our son to have a formal name this made sense to me and I like the name so thats how we picked that, The middle name belongs to both Amirs Grandfather and Uncle, he was very close to both of them and they both have passed away)
Alia Lynise Greene for a girl (Amir and I both love the name Aliyah but decided we did not need the extra letters and when I looked at the name Alia was an alternate spelling so chose that. The middle name is a combination of both of our mothers names.)

So thats settled :-)

Here is a survey for my pregnancy so far and my first "Bump" pic (it is really just bloat but I am still happy lol)
How far along are you? 11w2d
Maternity clothes? none yet
Weight – Loss or Gain? Still have not weighed myself
Has your shoe size changed? no
Stretch marks? none yet
Sleep: has gotten much better but I still sleep ALL the time
Best moment this week: finding out my brother and his girlfriend are expecting as well!
Any Movement?: too soon
Food Cravings?: sweets mainly ice cream
Food Aversions?: none
Belly Button in or out? in
What do you miss: caffeine...I know its OK to drink it in moderation but I am still scared and am dying for a coke or a sweet tea I am trying to make it to second trimester before I give in.
What are you looking forward to: my first meeting with my midwife next week
Weekly Wisdom: if you have a taste for it or are craving it EAT IT as long as its not something you clearly shouldn't have.
Milestones: Realizing I am only a few short weeks away from 2nd Tri!!

4 comments:

Jin said...

I love the names! Aliyah is on our list as well, but for the life of me, I can't remember how it was spelled. Probably the usual way. I think having everyone with "A" names is cute...unless you plan on having 20 kids and run out of names halfway through, lol.

Have you outed yourself on facebook officially? I know some of your friends have made comments that are point blank pregnancy related. Just asking for when I post something about how are you feeling (or something similar) you dont get a whole lotta "omg, are you pregnant?" when you dont want to tell just yet.

Simply Me... said...

I haven't outtes myself but I will eventually I think not until 13 weeks which is in two weeks. I don't know exactly what to say yet lol I think I will just post my belly pic lol

Ms. Understood said...

Awww ur belly is so cute. Congrats on pregnancy.

WhoButMe said...

wow, i didnt see all that belly during thanksgiving! You are too cute! of course i love the names.....keep the updates coming!