AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Updates all around

Working with kids is going to be a challenge trying to ensure that I don't get sick through flu and cold season is going to be super difficult. I stayed home Tuesday because I was not feeling too great and I think a day of rest was all I needed because I feel a lot better today.

I went to the doctor yesterday and all is well with baby Greene. Based on measurements the baby will be due June 19th which puts me at 8 weeks 5 days. I am so excited because this is all becoming so real for me. Amir went with me to the doctor yesterday and then after we had lunch and ran errands. One thing we did that really solidified the baby was one of our first baby related purchases! Well sort of. The room that will be the baby's room has carpeting in it and I did not want carpet in that room. We have pets and because of shedding and pet dander etc... I felt better with floors in that room so Yesterday we bought the hardwood floors that will go in that room! I was very excited. We had no intention of doing that until after the new year but the wood we wanted was on sale at a price we couldn't beat so we bought it early.

We have also told our families. We couldn't really hide it anymore so Amirs mom and brothers know as well as my dad, Step mom, siblings, and grandmother. Which likely means all of the family knows. My dad is very excited as this is first grandchild.

I haven't done my update survey in awhile so I will do that today. My symptoms are off and on I have good days and bad. But it is all worth it knowing what the end result will be!

How far along are you? 8 weeks 5 days
Maternity clothes? None as of yet
Weight – Loss or Gain? Gained one pound
Stretch marks? none
Sleep: The exhaustion is dying down and I am slowly getting my energy back....I am still dealing with restless sleep though
Best moment this week: Seeing the baby yesterday it is starting to look more like a baby now and the heartbeat was very strong!
Any Movement?: Way too soon
Food Cravings?: Sweet things
Food Aversions?: None at the moment just depends on the smell if I dont like the smell I will avoid it.
Belly Button in or out? Still in
What do you miss: Having a lot of energy all the time
What are you looking forward to: Getting a visible baby belly
Weekly Wisdom: Being pregnant is like PMSing all the time. I am always irritable and I have just learned to simply AVOID those who annoy me at all cost. It may seem rude to them but really I am saving us both the stress of my not so nice ways when you are driving me insane.
Milestones: Telling my dad he was going to be a granddad....I havent seen him this excited since my wedding!

No comments: