AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back to school

So my lovely two week vacation is over and I am back to work with my kiddies. I was scared they would return high on life and drive me up a wall but it seems that some have actually matured a bit in the two week span and that is a shock! I did kind of miss my kiddies but I loved my break.

The holidays were cool Amir and I went to NY to visit my family and it felt so good to be "home" I haven't been to NY since the summer time and I missed it. I ate so much. One thing I love about NY is food. Whenever I go home I have to make sure I get things that I can't eat anywhere but in NY like a slice of pizza from my favorite pizza shop, Spanish food, and a hero from little Italy. Then of course my nana and aunties cooking! I also got to spend time with my little sister who is growing up so fast. On of the things about having a sibling nearly half my age is I am so over protective and want her to stay my "little" sister forever but she is definitely shifting into a teenager and it blows me. In terms of gifts I received some clothes from a few family members, a necklace from my sister, and one of my favorite gifts from my dad which was the Amazon Kindle. I have wanted one of these for awhile because I am always reading 3 or 4 books at a time and it just makes life so much easier to carry one thing. Amir got me this thing for my car that makes it bluetooth enabled and I can talk on the phone through the car speakers. It is VERY cool and I love it. I bought him DJ Hero which is some game that allows you to mix music and comes with turn tables and all kinds of stuff...he loved it I am clearly in love with a big kid.

In pregnancy news all is well. I have my 16 week appointment tomorrow and my belly is growing. Here is a picture I took this evening at 16 weeks 4 days:


Its a huge change from my christmas pic which was taken a few weeks before at 14 weeks and 5 days:


Hopefully tomorrow I can schedule my 20 week ultrasound. Although we are not finding out the sex I am still anxious to see the baby again this time with it actually looking like a baby and not just a bean :-)

Here is an updated Pregnancy Survey:

How far along are you? 16w4d
Maternity clothes? Some Pants
Weight – Loss or Gain? I will know for sure tomorrow
Has your shoe size changed? no
Stretch marks? none yet
Sleep: has now become pretty uncomfortable. I cant find a position I am comfortable in and toss and turn constantly.
Best moment this week: Someone who didn't know I was expecting asking me if I was pregnant :-)
Any Movement?: I have been feeling a tiny bit of flutters here and there
Food Cravings?: still ice cream
Food Aversions?: none
Belly Button in or out? still in but starting to even out
What do you miss: horseback riding
What are you looking forward to: My appointment tomorrow
Weekly Wisdom: Don't let the over exagerated emotions that come with being pregnant get the best of you
Milestones: Starting to feel movement

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how cute! You look like you inhaled a basketball you're all belly.

And I can't believe you're eating ice cream in this weather. Stay warm!

Simply Me... said...

LOL I am addicted to Ice Cream I am the only fool that will go in to McDonalds and order and Ice Cream cone lol