AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Longest weekend EVER

So my step-grandmother died last week. It happened out of no where and its been pretty overwhelming. Like my step-mom this woman has been in my life forever and the word step is just a formality she is one of my grandparents. The funeral was Friday and because of a big meeting at work Amir was unable to attend with me so in true April fashion I over did it big time. I left Chemo, picked up Alex, grabbed my cousin and we drove to NY. I was exhausted when I got to NY and have pretty much been going since then. I just got home and I am beat. Not to mention emotionally drained from the weekend.

In other news...

Chemo is almost done! I have about 5 weeks left. We spoke with my oncologist about next steps and the plan is that I will take an oral form of chemo for 1.5 -2 years and then go off of it so we can try to have a second child. THEN I think we are calling it quits in the baby department.

We also decided to definitely get a new car. This trip to NY proved that my carolla is no longer big enough for me with Alex in tow so I am going to look a few small SUVs and crossovers this week. I hate car shoppping.... its one thing Amir and I always end up debating about lol so this should be interesting.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother, April =( I'm so glad you have a plan for chemo and the future. You have such a positive outlook throughout everything you've been through and are going through. You're an awesome role model for Alex and any future child/ren!

Heather R. said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Yay, for chemo being almost done!