AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, May 15, 2009

Birth....

So I just read my friend/big sister Maati's birth story and it made me cry and was beautiful and amazing and made me so much more anxious and excited to become pregnant and be a mom.

I want to have a natural childbirth, ideally with a midwife. Reading Maati's birth story only reconfirmed my desire to do that. I think its important for me to be in tune with my body when giving birth and I am also anti epidurals and hospitals based on things I have seen when my friends have given birth. Of course everyone thinks I am crazy and thinks I need to have a baby the traditional way. We shall see.

AF just left so since I decided not to chart this month I can only guess when I will ovulate Amir and I just decided to try the every other day method this cycle. I am bound to catch ovulation that way RIGHT??? LOL I know, I know definitely not a guarantee.

2 comments:

Jin said...

I wish there was the option of having birthing centers here (the only "midwives" are nurses and they can't deliver outside of a hospital) , so I'll be doing a hospital birth when our time comes :( but I love the idea of natural birth (well, as much as I can) as well. GL this cycle. Hopefully you don't have to go thru what I am.

Simply Me... said...

I really want a natural birth but Amir is against it so we will discuss it further when the time comes. I have pretty much already decided i wont get pregnant this cycle lol. I think the more I read the more i scare myself into thinking getting pregnant is almost impossible because of the short window in which it can happen.