AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Bittersweet Weekend


So this weekend was a bit rough for me. We start out with Friday which was May 8th. That is my mothers birthday which is always hard for me. I still at 25 can't decide what I would have preferred, a life knowing my mother and then losing her or the life I have now. Not remembering my mother at all because she died when I was so young. I guess there is no choice that would be "better" its just hard to deal with. That being said mothers day being 2 days later is only worse and I guess its even harder for me now because prior to being married mothers day was just another day for me but now I spend this time with Amirs mother and it just makes me a little sad. I love my MIL dearly and I think she tries super hard to always make me feel like "I have a mother" but of course its not the same. Thats a picture of my mom.

On a happier note... this weekend my little cousin graduated from my Alma Mater Howard University!!! Woohoo! I am so proud of her and her graduation made it a great weekend since I spend alot of time with my family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was reading your blog and this entry caught my eye. My mom died when I was 16. I know how it feels to wonder about it.

During my time on the nest, I've seen many posts on Family Matters about losing a parent. There are many of us on the nest in this situation.

I know that the TTC journey (and I can imagine the parenting journey) is and will be very different because of it.

Just wanted you to know you aren't alone.