AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, May 18, 2009

I hate Math

So I have to take a math exam in order to qualify for certification as a teacher in DCPS. i have taken the test twice in the past 2 months and keep failing it by 1 freaking POINT. I am so annoyed I think I will likely have one more chance to take it without getting in trouble from my program so I need to seriously study. I will admit the first time I did not study at all and second time I called myself studying an hour before I got up to leave for the exam so I need be realistic and actually study. I think between trying to finish and defend my grad school thesis and finishing up a course in order to graduate I really just was not motivated to study math but now I need to get it together and really have no choice as I will not be able to teach without passing it and I have no excuse since I am currently done with school.

In other news I met with my principal on Friday and I will be teaching third grade next year. I am very happy about that when I signed up for this program 3rd or 4th grade were my first picks and I ended up with 1st grade moreso out of that being what was available and me having to take whatever came my way as I agreed to go where i was "needed" and not be picky. I love my first graders but I dont like teaching this grade. So I am very happy and excited to be teaching a grade of my choice next year.

On the TTC front I think I am on day 7 of this cycle and am assuming I will ovulate either on the 25th or 26th of this month I really hope its the 26th seeing as I will be driving back from Charlotte on the 25th. I have looked at 3 or 4 ovulation prediction sites based on my LMP and a "normal" cycle all have predicted the 26th except for 1 that predicted the 25th. I am not sure how "normal" my cycles are seeing as I have been on birth control on and off for forever. So we shall see....

1 comment:

Jin said...

I hate math as well. Outside of chemistry math (which I understand the point of) and musical math, I hate all the rest of it. GL on your test.

Awww! Kids are so cute at 3rd grade and the interaction level at that age is so much different than the first graders.