AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, September 13, 2010

Catching Up

I know it has been FOREVER since I have posted but life has been so hectic. Work and Alex keep me very busy. The new school year is off to a great start and I really like my kids this year. We have a new principal who keeps us super busy and when I am home I give 100% of my time to Mr. Alex. He is getting so big and I adore that little baby so much. He is attempting to roll over now and he coos and smiles and it simply melts my heart. He is sleeping great at night although I don't mind if he does wake up because I just nurse him back to sleep.

Returning to work has not been so bad. I love what I do but I hate being away from Alex. I think about him alot during the day but I am not going crazy I know he is in good hands. The only problem we are having is when I am not at work. I have become pretty unwilling to leave the baby with anyone because I don't like being away from him more than I have to be. It seems that so many others don't understand it. Everyone keeps insisting I take some time and space from my baby. I am just not there yet.

I did however return to riding so that is at least 2 hours I am away from him and thats Alex and daddy time. Riding has been such a great way to relieve some stress. I will be in a Show in a few weeks, crossing my fingers I place.

In other news we are going green. I wanted to try cloth diapers but got lazy with the idea once we had all these disposables. Well I am so disqusted with the amount of diapers we go through! We have 2 garbage of just diapers each week and that is ridiculous! So we are converting. I ordered a cloth diaper trial from Jillians Drawer and I ordered a couple of other Pocket Diapers on sale from a few sites. I should have all my diapers this week! I can't wait to get started.

Breastfeeding is going well and I am super proud to annouce my baby is still 100% breastfed despite my return to work. If I can help it he will not recieve any formula. I am determined to breastfeed for at least a year.

Well thats all I have for now I am tired and need to get up early so I am going to bed.

1 comment:

Jin said...

Welcome back!

Yay for the CDs. The only thing is the amount of times it takes to wash them before use. Some require 3-5 washes and others (I think only the prefolds) require 7-10 washes before they hit maximum absorbency. But they're soo cute coming out of the dryer/after air drying. Hope you like them!