AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Countdown Officially Begins

So as of Saturday I will be 37 weeks and full term. Mr. Alexander can come at any moment and I am very excited! I do want him to wait till at least June 1st and I am sure he will but I am so anxious to meet my little man.

I had my 36 week appt Tuesday morning and had an internal exam. I am 50% effaced but still closed. She did however,say my cervix is very soft. Baby is head down but he has not engaged into my pelvic bone yet so we still have time. But I have been having some very intense Braxton Hicks. they have gone from a small tight feeling to strong period type cramps.

I still have tons to do! My family is coming here this weekend for a cookout and to help me get prepared for baby. His room is complete, clothes washed and put away but I need to pack my bag for the birth center and I need to get the carseats installed in the cars.

All in all things are coming together. I will likely not have another internal exam unless I am overdue so I will not know my progress until I am in active labor. I will definitely keep everyone posted the best I can.

We decided there will be no pictures of Alexander on FB at least for a few months he does not need to be an internet celebrity just yet :-)

1 comment:

Jin said...

I like the no fb pictures thing at least for a while. A friend of DH's completely whored out her baby on fb after he was born. There were thousands of pictures from the hospital, the first day home, the first week, the second week, the third week etc all up to his first birthday. It's seriously insane the amount of pictures they have for each week.

Yay for full term status!