AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, June 25, 2010

Update

So we have a game plan! I will be 41 weeks tomorrow and can only remain pregnant until 42 weeks so induction will be done a week from today if Alex is not out on his own.

In the mean time I have an appt Tuesday morning where I will be taking Castor Oil under the supervision of my midwife and I will also have my cervix/membranes stretched and swept to induce labor I am hoping this works. If that doesn't work Thursday morning my midwife will insert Cervidil as a last resort and finally on Friday or Thursday night I will be in the hospital being administered Pitocin which I absolutely want to avoid so PLEASE pray for me. I really think I am holding back the inevitable tears/breakdown because I really don't get why my body won't do this on its own.

I am scared and frustrated and a lot of those around me have not helped to make me feel any better but I am not giving up hope and if I can help it Alexander will be a JUNE baby, meaning he will be here by Wednesday!

3 comments:

Jin said...

I hope the castor oil works! How much are you going to take?

I think he's going to come sometime before Friday anyway (and hopefully before you have to take caster oil - yuck!) and it will be a quick and easy labor for both of you.

mrskolos said...

I was just checking to see your progress and read this post. I really believe your body will do this on its own and it's just taking LO a little bit longer to kick things off. I hope things progress fast enough so that you can avoid the taking of anything; however, if need be, know that you're doing what's best for the baby and for you. Pray and you'll definitely be in my prayers as well. I wish you a safe, natural and speedy labor!

Jin said...

This is me checking in as well, since I'm not sure my facebook message went through or not. Update when you can!