AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Reverb 10: Day 9

Prompt:
Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.

Considering I spent most of 2010 pregnant I really never went out. I was always home eating or sleeping LOL. BUT I did go out with a few coworkers for a happy hour at the beginning of the school year. I had a lot of fun. This was the first time I had the opportunity to go out since I the beginning of my pregnancy. It was a very laid back crowd we went to a restaurant down by the water front. The weather was perfect because it was late summer. I love my coworkers. I am one of the youngest ones in the crowd I hang out with but not by much. Everyone is in their early to mid thirties and I am the baby at 26. We talked about the upcoming school year, we laughed about some of the crazy things that have happened in the past, and had a really good time. The happy hour was at a seafood restaurant called Phillips which is on a strip with quite a few other places. So after we left Phillips we walked down to a spot called the Zanzibar where there was a DJ and we danced. It was the first time I had been in a "club" in forever.

Since graduating from college I am not really a big drinker and I definitely very rarely go to a club. My close friend China actually always calls me an "old lady" because by about midnight I am done for the night and want to go home and go to sleep. In college we may have just been walking out the door at midnight. That being said this is why this night was so much for me. I stepped out of my comfort zone and I had a blast. I had a few drinks, I danced like crazy, and just hung out with the girls. Definitely one of the best social gathers I have been to in 2010.

The crazy thing is I had no intention of staying out so late. I had a certification exam the next morning. I took the two hour test the next day with a terrible hang over and mentally prepared to retake it in a few months. Ironically I passed! Not only did I pass but I did really well.

No comments: